One solution to this issue- recommended only if no other Symantec products than SEP are installed on the computer- is to uninstall the existing SEP and LiveUpdate programs and replace them with fresh, new installations that should perform correctly.
- Uninstall both LiveUpdate and Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Delete the following folders:
- C:Program FilesSymantec
- C:Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec Shared
- C:UsersAll UsersApplicationsSymantec (Windows Vista Home Premium; other Win OS's would be C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataSymantec)
- Restart the computer.
- Re-install LiveUpdate and Symantec Endpoint Protection. Only the latest available releases of LiveUpdate and SEP should be used.
Please note that uninstalling LiveUpdate will affect all Symantec products installed on the computer. If additional Symantec products are present, a Repair Install should be run on each of them from Add/Remove programs so that they correctly register with the new installation of LiveUpdate.