The following steps will show you how to check the
application properties and how to configure a program that required
administrator privileges (via UAC) to run without them.
1. Right click on the application icon or
shortcut icon of "<problem application>" (in this example Snipping Tool).
2. Click on “Properties”
3. In “Shortcut” tab, go to bottom right and click on “Advanced”
4. Check the current
properties and compare these settings to same application on another known
In this example, Snipping Tool properties is configured
to "Run as adminstrator" but should not be configured as such.
5. Uncheck “Run as administrator” option and click OK
1. In “Compatibility” Tab, click on “Change settings for all
users” at left bottom.
2. Enter your
3. Now uncheck “Run this program as an
4. Keep clicking
on Apply until you get out of Properties.
This will resolve the