1. In the Lync main window, go to Options > Audio device, and then choose the device you want.
2. Click the green arrow next to Speaker to hear a sample tone, and drag the slider if you need to adjust the volume.
3. To test your mic volume, speak for a few seconds. The volume is optimal when the progress bar reaches the middle of the test area. Drag the slider next to Microphone to adjust the mic volume.
4. Click the green arrow button next to Ringer to hear a sample ring when you get a call, and drag the slider to adjust the ringer volume.
5. Click Check Call Quality and follow the prompts to record a short message and play it back. Adjust audio as needed. Note that this option may not be available for your account.
6. If you have more than one audio device, you can choose to set both to ring when you get a call. Under Secondary Ringer, select Also ring, and then select an additional device.
You can also select Unmute when my phone rings, which will automatically unmute your speakers when you receive a Lync call.
7. Select Allow stereo audio playback when available to make sure that the best audio quality is available during a meeting.
8. Click OK when you’re done.